abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Account been cancelled

Billy1234
Autor ★★
11 Beiträge

I am a customer from Hong Kong who using comdirect account for few years already.  I am very shocking  i received a letter that my account will be cancel by the bank from feb 2019. how is it happened ? I need that account for my normal daily expenses and pay my school fee when I live in Germany. I don’t have any reason but just ask me to transfer out the money. It’s very unbelievable.. 

47 ANTWORTEN

swolpoll
Experte ★★★
727 Beiträge

@Billy1234: I understand your concerns. However, I think you should contact the bank's customer service center. This is an open forum which will not be able to help you out with your problem.

Best regards,

swolpoll

Glücksdrache
Legende
3.624 Beiträge

Dear @Billy1234,

@swolpoll already gave you the valuable advice to contact the customer service of comdirect. The people there are IMHO very good.

The best way is to communicate that you are living for a part of the year in Germany and send them as a first step some kind of info/evidence.

And please, please be not annoyed by the behavior of comdirect.

At the moment a witch hunt against normal citizens (=everyone) is taking place with a vast array of bureaucracy implemented every year.

Driven by changes of the formation of former independent states to one large community (so called European Union) takes its toll.

E.g. all German citizens will loose their driving licences which formerly have been issued without an expiration date. After a transition period we have to renew it every ten years subject to the then new regulation.

To summarize it: This letter is nothing against you and has nothing to do with you, your personality. Just an outcome of the shift in the political climate.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Would be nice if you would keep the forum updated.

Best regards

Glücksdrache

Necoro
Mentor ★
1.070 Beiträge

@Glücksdrache  schrieb:

At the moment a witch hunt against normal citizens (=everyone) is taking place with a vast array of bureaucracy implemented every year.

Das Ziel eines 'Witch Hunts' ist es, das Ziel auf den Scheiterhaufen zu bringen, d.h. zu vernichten. Insofern kann hier nun bei weitem nicht von einem 'Witch Hunt' gesprochen werden, daher bitte Vorsicht mit den Ausdrücken. 'Increased patronizing' oder so hätte es auch getan :).

Btw: Das mit dem Führerschein war komplett an mir vorbeigegangen *erstaunt* (oder ich hab es bereits vergessen...).

Billy1234
Autor ★★
11 Beiträge

Sorry for my language... I believe they have a very good policy and regulations to aply onto their customers.. i just feel shock and can‘t believe that will happen on me.  

Glücksdrache
Legende
3.624 Beiträge

@Necoro  schrieb:

@Glücksdrache  schrieb:

Das Ziel eines 'Witch Hunts' ist es, das Ziel auf den Scheiterhaufen zu bringen, d.h. zu vernichten. Insofern kann hier nun bei weitem nicht von einem 'Witch Hunt' gesprochen werden, daher bitte Vorsicht mit den Ausdrücken. 'Increased patronizing' oder so hätte es auch getan :).

Btw: Das mit dem Führerschein war komplett an mir vorbeigegangen *erstaunt* (oder ich hab es bereits vergessen...).

Danke @Necoro für die wertvollen Hinweise. Der Begriff 'increased patronizing' ist natürlich perfekter.

Bin mir fast schon sicher, dass es kurz vor der nächsten Wahl einen kleinen Beitragsbaum unter "Off-Topic" geben könnte. Smiley (fröhlich)

Mein vorrangiges Ziel war und ist auch dem Threaderöffner die negativen Gefühle zu nehmen, die dieser wohl ungeschickte Brief ausgelöst hat.

Nochmal danke, @Necoro! Anschließend noch die englische Fassung für den Beitragsbaumeröffner.

Liebe Grüße

Glücksdrache

P.S./Summarization: The reply of @Necoro emhasizes that my contribution is interesting (e.g. the example with the expiry date of driving licences he was not aware) but has a potential for improvement. So he suggests that I should use the term of 'increased patronizing' instead of witch hunt.

Glücksdrache
Legende
3.624 Beiträge

No problem @Billy1234! I would also have been shocked.

But there are many, many months to sort that out unhurriedly. Smiley (fröhlich)

So the first step would to ask comdirect service, e.g. @ehemaliger Nutzer, with a private message (not posting personall details in an open forum) what they would require.

I would be really happy if you would come back with the info in some weeks if this has been sorted out. If not I will try to give you some more and informal advice.

Please rest assured that it is not bad will or unfriendly measure by the bank itself.

Liebe Grüße

Glücksdrache

Billy1234
Autor ★★
11 Beiträge

Thx so much again but is there any English speaking hotline or Any specific email address I can send my enquiry? 

nmh
Legende
9.959 Beiträge

@Billy1234

Unfortunately, stories about comdirect cancelling accounts "out of the blue" are very common, and frequently this appears to be happening to foreign customers.

You may address an email to    reklamation@comdirect.de

but they will almost certainly not tell you the reasons for forcing you to leave. The service staff at comdirect, normally, is not even aware of why their colleagues e.g. in the legal department have decided so. They will, probably, also tell you that they are not allowed to communicate with you in English. Bad news, but experience tells me that there is nothing you can do. Very sorry about that.

What I hear from inside sources is that frequently the reason for cancelling foreign accounts is that foreign countries require banks to comply with their local jurisdictions, including, e.g., reporting on customers. This would cause expensive, complicated procedures. Forcing those foreign customers to leave is an economical decision. Again, it is very clear that you are annoyed, and be assured of my deepest sympathies.

@Glücksdrache:

Comdirect kündigt ausländischen Kunden manchmal aufgrund steuerrechtlicher oder sonstiger rechtlicher Gründe in deren Heimatland. Es gibt auch noch andere Gründe, über die ich nicht öffentlich sprechen mag. Aber: Die böse, böse, böse EU hat absolut nichts damit zu tun. Nichts.  😉

nmh

Disclaimer: Ich habe leider kein scharfes ß auf meiner Schweizer Tastatur.

Glücksdrache
Legende
3.624 Beiträge

Hallo @nmh,

vielen Dank für den freundlichen Hinweis @nmh. Bitte erlaube mir die Ergänzung, dass der Beitragsbaumeröffner angegeben hat einen Wohnsitz auch im Inland  (Deutschland) zu haben.

Am Besten wäre:

Dies müsste zuerst abgeprüft werden bevor der Kontoinhaber den Beendigungswunsch der comdirect akzeptiert.

Now the English version for @Billy1234:

Firstly a just thanked @nmh for the cordial hint. Additionally I have asked him to accept my amendment that you @Billy1234 have stated that you have some kind of non-permanent residency in Germany.

The best way is:

To ask comdirect to check the information which you can send for proofing the residency in Germany. After checking this you may accept the request for cancellation or not.

The additional comment was only about a different view on the extensive regulation. @nmh is not of the opinion that all the new EU directives are originating there.

So: First check if comdirect will continue the relationship when providing the info.

Additional info for the thread opener:

Falls comdirect die Geschäftsverbindung nicht unverändert fortführen möchte, dann könntest Du Deine Rechte gem. der EU-Verordnung 2014/92 & deutsches Zahlungskontengesetze ausüben.

If comdirect doesn't want to continue the relationship than you can claim your rights regarding the EU regulation 2014/92 and German law ("Zahlungskontengesetz) against any bank you like.

Falls die Bank Deiner Wahl kein Guthabenkonto führt kann die BAFin dazu zwingen. If the bank of your choice doesn't want to open an account the regulation authority BAFin will force them to do.

Aber ich glaube Ihr findet eine einvernehmliche Lösung. I am sure you will find a mutual solution.

So please contact the bank directly, nor @nmh or @Glücksdrache are employees of the bank. So we can only give cordially hints without any obligation.

Liebe Grüße

Glücksdrache

The source:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32014L0092&from=DE

Source: Official website of the EU.

Information about the Basiskonto can be found here:

https://kunde.comdirect.de/konto/basiskonto.html